patience & humility=FREEDOM!

it has been over a year since my last post, mainly because i have been in a "sit & wait" posture.

i have chronicled my every step on this Journey of Divorce & so i find it necessary to chronicle my last step in this Journey, as i Transition towards a New Beginning...a beginning of a Free Soul.

this Journey...this Quest, began as i set out to learn a Lesson on Patience & Humility. my Journey began 5 years ago.

what I have learned on this Journey & Quest is that one can NEVER have enough Humility & Patience & in the end...they are both lifelong Lessons! lifelong because we often forget them & must be reminded continuously of their importance. a life without either or both, can be pretty tricky. 

and so has been my Journey...a constant reminder that i am NOT in control. every time that I thought "I got this!", a test came my way to prove to me that Nope, I didn't! 

in October of 2012, after much hesitation, fear & uneasiness...i began my Annulment. my Fears were many...would my efforts be thwarted? would I not be granted the annulment? what then? but the process was important to me because i wanted my soul to be free.


and so began...the most nerve wrecking process of waiting, waiting & more WAITING! there were times that for months on end i would know NOTHING of how the process was coming along...naturally that caused my anxiety & frustration to peak. in those moments, i panicked & tried to grab hold of the situation only to be reminded & told...quite literally..."BE PATIENT." i quickly reminded myself that i was in this predicament due to my own choices & now my job was to be HUMBLE & WAIT.

this process was way more grueling, testing & taxing than what I thought. someone once told me that it was the most thorough examination of conscious one can ever do...and boy was he on the money.  it's never easy to realize your poor choices. 


i am a bit of a romantic, actually i am a huge romantic & so i dreamed that my annulment would come at the same time as my divorce...in October. i felt it was the Perfect Time. And since i had been told the process would take a year, i was certain that come October 2013, it would be granted. it was easy. when October 2013 rolled around & i got NOTHING & no updates...i became sad & panic set in.   the thought the the Annulment would not be granted, petrified me. 

in December 2013, i received an Affirmation that my marriage was determined to be NON BINDING & therefore, my ANNULMENT had been granted...I WAS FREE, MY SOUL WAS FREE. the news could not have come at a better time...not only was it in time for Christmas BUT because His timing is ALWAYS far more perfect than any timing we may have...the annulment was granted precisely on the same date in which i married...almost as if to wash away that date & make it new. He really is a show off. 

and i BREATHED a sigh a relief, of gratitude & my heart danced. and so 5 years later, my journey on this road of divorce...has finally ended. i am thankful for the experience as i have grown by leaps & bounds. 

and just in time for the birth of our Lord & Savior, i am granted the opportunity to start anew & to turn the page in this chapter of my life that has taught me so very much! 

before i end i want to add this caution...when you are contemplating [a Catholic] marriage & deciding on whether this is the person who deserves your heart also be very sure that this is the person you want to entrust your Soul to, for it is very delicate & should only be entrusted to someone who will care for it with gentleness.

Merry Christmas!

"The humble never fall. How could they when they are beneath everyone? Pride is a great abasement, but humility a great exaltation, honor, and dignity. Let us then force and compel ourselves to be humble even though it goes against the grain, and to be gentle and loving; with this object before us let us continually beg God in prayer with faith." - Saint Macarius of Egypt

Comments

  1. am just now seeing this... I already knew... but loved reading this. love ya girlie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts