resolutions

quickly the holiday season came & went. i was reminded too that as quickly, so too goes life. my quiet CHRISTmas time was AWEmazing. i reconnected with my soul. i paid ATTENTION to the DETAILS of many things, many people in my life & to HIM. the stillness of being in & with HIM...is so very GREAT!

in taking some quiet time, i took time to recap my year...actually the last 2 years. it seems as though somehow i skipped '10...completely. in reality i kinda did. i barely made it through that year. it took everything in me to "just make it". as i recapped '10-'11 it all seemed somehow so long ago yet almost like yesterday. i was shocked at all that had taken place in the last 2 years. '11 was actually far better than '10 though i too had my shaky moments in '11.

in preparing for CHRISTmas & for the New Year...i embarked on a healing of memories...a goodbye...a sort of...Thank You for the Lessons Learned. with an appropriate Goodbye, my Hello would be more effective...it would prepare me to put to work all the things i had learned. most people focus on the welcoming part of a New year...saying Hello...i think sometimes you can't properly say Hello without properly saying Goodbye & Thank You.

every end of the year is marked by everyone making RESOLUTIONS for the new year. you are asked time & time again about the RESOLUTIONS you are working on. sometimes our RESOLUTIONS are not realistic & we bite off more than we can chew. the word RESOLUTION is defined as: the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action. it is such a strong word with such a deep meaning that inadvertantly when you fall short of accomplishing your RESOLUTION...you feel guilty & are unable to recognize what you have accomplished no matter how small. sometimes baby steps are better than not taking any steps forward. so instead...i try to set ideas into motion. i do have a few ideas for the new year.

but i did have 2 RESOLUTIONS. the 1st RESOLUTION was to release memories from my past that caused me hurt. i accomplished that with a bonfire. i burned all the things...memories that caused me pain. memories can't be erased from our minds. our past should never be forgotten as it is responsible for our today. BUT releasing is good. as i watched pictures, cards, etc burn...i was grateful. this time the goodbye was not painful it was actually joyous for i understood that all the pain i had endured, the downs, the insecurities made me stronger, more faithful.

my next RESOLUTION was to welcome the new year with a hopeful, optimistic, energized & happy attitude. so this new years my family & i did away with the traditions of eating 12 grapes, sprinkling champagne on yourself & other things we've done in the past. when the clock struck 12 all we did was hug & give thanks for having made it through the year past & gave thanks for having arrived to the new year...a NEW day!

ironically, the party i attended, tested me time & time again to see if really i had released & had healed the memories. proudly i smiled & passed each & every test that evening with flying colors. i've quoted this before "the moment you decide who you ARE, who you are NOT reveals itself". don't ever doubt that when you RESOLVE to do something, it will be tested...be steadfast & follow the course ahead.

while i do not know what this year has in store for me...i do know that i have FAITH that HE is with me ALWAYS! my constant & continuous RESOLUTION is to make sure that i not allow the noise to get in the way & lose sight of His presence! And i want to make the most of each & every day that i have with the people around me. each day is a blessing, each person in my life is a miracle & i RESOLVE to savor those blessings & miracles daily.

"YESTERDAY is already a DREAM. TOMORROW is only a VISION...but TODAY well lived, makes every YESTERDAY a dream of HAPPINESS & every TOMORROW a vision of HOPE!"

Onward i go into 2012...

Comments

  1. Onward my dear friend! To GREAT NEW happy memories in 2012! luv ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts