the climb

those who know me well know that i try to find the "signs" in EVERYTHING that goes on in my life. i am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason & i analyze EVERYTHING that happens, probably more than i should sometimes...but this teaches me. i also firmly believe that God speaks to us more than we care to listen & He has such an amazing way of communicating with us b/c it is in the most unusual ways...if we only opened our eyes & ears...we would hear Him.

this morning He communicated with me through one of the most tiniest creatures...an ANT! as i was doing my make-up i came across this tiny lil ANT who carried on her back a crumb that equaled her size. as i almost ended her JOURNEY, a voice haulted me. i listened & let her be & instead i carefully & intently watched the ANT on her CLIMB UP the mirror! she was on a MISSION & she was DETERMINED!

i watched her STRUGGLE as the weight of that crumb WORE HER DOWN! she stopped & rested but nonetheless her DETERMINATION never faded & UP she CLIMBED! she often STRUGGLED to keep her BALANCE b/c the WEIGHT was too much for her lil body to bare but UPWARD she marched! her CLIMB was STEADY, DETERMINED & full of STRENGTH. finally, after a LONG, HARD & EXHAUSTING journey she made it to the TOP! i almost cried for JOY!

and i thought to myself how much this lil ANT resembled ME & many others on the CLIMB UP! this JOURNEY for me has been an UPWARD struggle but ive carried my CRUMB=CROSS (my divorce). the blessing for me has been that unlike the ANT, i havent carried my CRUMB/CROSS alone...ive had an army of people helping me UP. and just as i cheered the lil ANT on her JOURNEY UP, i've had many people cheering me UP also!

the weight of my CRUMB/CROSS has many times weighed me down & many times, ive simply wanted to GIVE UP but i know doing that would only mean Id have to start the CLIMB all over...another day. believing that what/who awaits me on TOP=GOD is far bigger a reward than what i have now...keeps me going.

soo despite the WEIGHT, the DISTANCE, the EXHAUSTION....FORWARD, UPWARD & onward I go...just like the lil ANT on the mirror...DETERMINED, UNWAVERING, ENERGETIC to continue my CLIMB TO THE TOP!

Comments

  1. it's amazing what you can learn from even God's smallest creatures. we are ALL here for you during your Climb! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Cathy! I love how God can teach us such great lessons through the small and simple things. What a tender mercy. And although I know this has been a challenging time for you, I can say that my family and I are grateful that we have gotten to know you a lot better and become your friends. We love you Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY V & Ingrid for your kind words, your love, your support & your prayers. Indeed...it's the lilest things that can teach us the biggest lessons! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts